What do I need to pick up my packet?
You must show a picture ID (ie: driver’s license or passport) to pick up your packet. Packets will not be given out without proper identification.
Can I pick up someone else’s packet?
Yes, you can pick up someone else’s packet with a photocopy of a picture ID from them and your own photo ID (ie: their driver’s license or passport). Packets will not be given out without proper identification.
When can I pick up my packet?
See the Schedule for specific times for packet pick up for your race distance.
What are the lengths of the five Omaha Marathon distances?
The Friends and Family Mile, 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon.
What are the age-group breakdowns?
HITS Running Festivals will break athletes into five-year age groups beginning with 20-24 and continuing in five-year increments. Youth ages are 8 & Under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16 and 17-19. Age will be determined as of race date.
Will I receive a finisher medal?
Yes. All athletes who complete their race will receive a cityscape medal.
What awards are given?
Overall awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in each distance. Age group awards will be given to the top three finishers of each five-year age group or special category. Note: Awards will not be given in the Friends & Family Mile.
Is there a limit to how many athletes can sign up?
Yes. Races will be capped according to the following:
Friends & Family Mile – 1,000 athletes
5K – 3,000 athletes
10k – 2,500 athletes
Half – 2,500 athletes
Marathon – 1,000 athletes
Is there a time limit for the Marathon and/or Half Marathon?
Yes – 6.5 hours for the Marathon and 3.5 hours for the Half Marathon.
Are there age requirements for the Half Marathon and Marathon?
Yes – athletes must be 14 to race the Half Marathon and 16 to race the Marathon.
Are strollers allowed in the race?
Strollers are welcome in the Friends & Family Mile and 5K only. Please be prepared to start in the last group of runners.
Is the Marathon a Boston Marathon Qualifier?
What is the Refund/Withdrawal Policy?
Entry fees for all HITS Running Festival races are non-refundable and non-transferable. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate in the event. Also, you will not be permitted to transfer to another HITS Running Festivals event, transfer to a future year, or give your entry to another athlete. We are, however, happy to mail your participant t-shirt to you in the event that you cannot participate. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to make these arrangements within ten days after the event. See also COVID-19 Update for more information on Refund Policy
Can I change the distance I’m registered for after the fact?
Yes; however, if moving down in distance there will be no refund given for the longer distance registration rate. If you are moving up a distance, you will be required to pay the difference in the registration fee. All changes for distance registration must be made at least one week in advance of the event. Transfers to events that are sold out are not permitted.
Can I sign up at the event?
Yes. Registration is available at the Expo on Saturday, September 19, 2020 from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm CDT and on race day, Sunday, September 20, 2020 until 60 minutes prior to the published start time for each race. Online registration will close Friday, September 18, 2020 at 5pm CDT.
Expo & Race Day Registration Fees
Visually Impaired Marathon Participants and Guides
- A visually impaired runner must contact the race organizer prior to registration and identify the number (up to four) and names of the guides.
- A visually impaired Participant and his/her guides must be able to complete the entire race within the official race time limit of 6:30.
- Any exchange of guides must take place only at the Half Marathon turnaround and/or the Marathon turnaround.
- The guides are permitted to be tethered to their Participant.
- Only the registered guides are allowed to assist the visually impaired Participant. No additional outside assistance is permitted.
- Guides must register in order to provide personal and emergency contact information and to sign a waiver and release electronically. Guides will be issued a code so that their entry is complimentary.
- Guides will be issued bib numbers so that they are identified on the course as officially in the race
- If there is only one guide who will complete the race with the Participant, his/her bib will include a chip so that an official time can be recorded.
- Each guide will receive a participant shirt and finisher medal.
How can I contact the Race Organizer?
For further inquiries please contact us by mail, phone or email:
Mail: Omaha Marathon, c/o HITS Endurance, 319 Main Street, Saugerties, NY 12477